Not much routine about today, except for Levi working at Precision. Jesse worked for Uncle Randy all day, with Jacob joining him to move hogs around 2:00 (Aunt Marj picked him up). Dad and I met at church for Nancy’s funeral, and although our tears fell for the family’s loss, we still rejoice that she has won her Victory In Jesus. Home then for lunch and school meetings, nap for Joshua, catnap for me, walk, supper prep, just same ol’ same ol’. After supper, Dad and Levi went to Menards and ordered the steel for Levi’s pigeon coop. Then Bibletime and kids to bed, and then Dad and I took the van to Mike’s Garage for a routine oil change before we head to MI this weekend. Home to a warm quiet house…aahhh, what a blessing.
Victory In Jesus (Heavenly Highway Hymns #92)
I heard an old old story, How a Saviour came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning, Of His precious blood’s atoning,
Then I repented of my sins And won the victory.
Oh Victory In Jesus, My Saviour, forever,
He sought me and bought me With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory, Beneath the cleansing flood.
I heard about His healing, Of his cleansing pow’r revealing,
How He made the lame to walk again And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, “Dear Jesus, Come and heal my broken spirit,”
And somehow Jesus came and brought To me the victory.
Oh Victory In Jesus, My Saviour, forever,
He sought me and bought me With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory, Beneath the cleansing flood.
I heard about a mansion He has built for me in glory,
And I heard about the streets of gold Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing, And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I’ll sing up there The song of victory.
Oh Victory In Jesus, My Saviour, forever,
He sought me and bought me With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory, Beneath the cleansing flood.
Powerful words, those.
Good night.
I've thought for many years that I'd like that song sung at my funeral. Love it!
ReplyDelete