Ok so I know I’ve used that title before, but it was back here when we hosted Men’s Sing at our house. Beautiful song, beautiful words. Well, today was worthy of that title again, because this is such a beautiful song with such beautiful words, and the Men’s Sing group sang it (and eleven more songs) for us after our regular church services were over. Yesterday I think they said 120 men started singing at 10:00 and practiced each song until it was ready to record, and then they recorded it. They sang and recorded and sang and recorded until 9:00 if I understood it correctly. Of course there were breaks in there, and I suppose the director worked with individual parts sometimes, but any way you look at it, that’s a lot of singing! For those with strong voices, hurray! For those without, and us ladies who aren’t included, hurray that we can enjoy the CD! Although our family didn’t participate in any way, due to … ummm… well, mainly a lack of interest in singing for a whole day, among other things, I’m very thankful for those who did all the work to plan meals, prepare meals, keep people overnight, pick the songs, prepare the songs, practice the songs, sing the songs etc. in order to bring this event to our congregation this year. Not only was the group’s program a wonderful blessing, but our regular congregational singing was beyond description, due in great part to the number of visitors, most of whom were here because they love to sing. I suppose I’m a little prejudiced, because I really like to sing and I really really like our singing, but today’s singing was - - - well, beyond description.
Head here to find today’s services which includes the singing. (I wonder if the program was recorded – don’t know.)
I soooo wanted to be there! Knew the singing would be heavenly! We had a family gathering with Kyle's fiance's family and we didn't want to miss that either. Looking forward to downloading the services!
ReplyDelete