This morning Jewel made this solo for the first time, and it turned out so pretty. She didn’t do it as quickly as one of the older girls or I could’ve, but we were all doing other kitchen projects so were right there to help her learn; and how will she learn if she’s never given a chance?? The sour cream makes a very moist cake, and this coffeecake makes a nice side to our breakfast casserole on Sunday morning... even though we don’t like coffee *smile*. It’s also delicious leftover. Give it a try sometime; it’s definitely a recipe to remember.
Ingredients:
1½ sticks margarine
1½ cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon soda
1½ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups sour cream (can make sour cream by adding 1 teaspoon vinegar to 1 cup milk)
Filling:
¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup nuts (optional)
Cream margarine & sugar. Add eggs & beat well. Mix dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream. Grease tube pan & sprinkle a small amount of filling in bottom & sides of pan. Pour 1/3 batter into pan. Add some of the filling. Repeat until all is used up. Save some filling for the top. Bake at 350d for 45-50 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with a powdered sugar icing while still warm.
Well it’s almost March, but spring scenes that we sometimes associate with March don’t seem to be anywhere near. And the forecast doesn’t suggest spring anytime soon either. I remember one year, when the older kids were little, when we had a day outside on March 16th. The kids were in short sleeves and got so pink-cheeked; they took good naps after that afternoon! For years afterwards, and even now, March to me means that spring is near and will occasionally throw us a short sleeve day. But this year - - - considering the 10-day forecast - - - probably not!
So we’ll just enjoy winter while we have it and patiently wait for warmer weather which WILL come as God promises.
The rink has been prime and has seen a lot of action, but yesterday before skating Kate took Skeet out for a while.
Now this morning’s work is done, supper is in the roaster, the kids are on the pond, and I’m soon to join them (after the washing machine is done and I start another load of (never-ending) laundry). I sent a camera with Kate to the pond, and she took some great pictures. Thanks Kate!
And now I hear my washing machine is done so I’m off to start another load and then I’m outa here!!!
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Genesis 8:22
No comments:
Post a Comment